Princeton Lightwave applies its unique expertise in indium phosphide-based optical semiconductor devices, including InGaAs/InP avalanche photodetectors, p-i-n diodes, and high-power diode lasers, to design and manufacture optical components and modules for defense and commercial applications. The Company’s core capabilities enable it to deliver solutions offering higher performance, reduced system costs, and easier deployment to its customers in the fields of aerospace and defense, optical networking, industrial processing, and bio-medical instrumentation.
Princeton Lightwave (PLI) is an established enterprise with an extensive background in photonic devices, components, and modules. Its seasoned technical staff has broad experience acquired in delivering market-leading products at companies such as AT&T, EPITAXX, JDS Uniphase, Lucent, and OFS. PLI has achieved leading-edge performance for III-V compound semiconductor detectors and sources, including short-wave infrared (SWIR) focal plane arrays based on avalanche photodiodes (APDs) and p-i-n diodes in both 1-D and 2-D formats; discrete detectors based on APDs and p-i-n diodes; high-brightness laser diodes in single-element, bar, and stack formats; single-mode pump diodes; and superluminescent diodes.
PLI also has strong integration capabilities that enable the company to serve customers with interface requirements at component, module, and sub-system levels. Expertise in optical, mechanical, electrical, and firmware engineering enables us to incorporate our core semiconductor components into customer-adapted OEM solutions such as cameras, receivers, and fiber-coupled high-power optical sources.
PLI’s customers include companies that offer optical systems for diverse applications in areas such as defense imaging, targeting & guidance systems, telecommunications networking, and industrial processing and inspection. They value the unique performance of PLI’s detector and laser components and PLI’s ability to deliver those components within integrated OEM modules that function as optical engines for their system-level products.
The following list summarizes Princeton Lightwave’s growing product portfolio:
InGaAs(P) detector components and modules
- Single photon avalanche diodes (SPADs)
- Large area linear-mode avalanche photodiodes (APDs)
- P-i-n detectors
- Line-scan (1-D) detector arrays
- Geiger-mode APD 2-D Focal Plane Arrays (FPAs)
- Short-wave infrared (SWIR) 2-D FPAs
InP and GaAs diode laser components
- 820 nm high-stability superluminescent diodes
- 14xx/15xx/16xx nm single-mode pump lasers
- 14xx/15xx/18xx nm high-brightness multi-mode diode lasers
- Mounted diode laser bars
Modules and sub-systems
- SWIR FPA p-i-n diode cameras (line-scan and area)
- Geiger-mode APD 3-D imaging cameras
- Single photon counting receivers
- APD-based LIDAR receivers
- High-power diode laser stacks
- High-brightness diode laser modules (free-space/fiber-coupled)
- Er:YAG solid state lasers